Last year, former committee member Todd Akins caused a national scandal when he proposed his medical theory that women’s bodies can “shut down” pregnancy in cases of rape. But his is far from the only ridiculous idea coming from a member of the Science, Space and Technology Committee. Check out five of the most unscientific theories being pushed by committee members.
1. The Earth is 9,000 years old
2. The secret to pregnacy is a big glass of wine
3. Global Warming is actually just a big science grant ponzi scheme
4. Or maybe farts are the problem
5. Obesity is all your fault