…the super-rich want us to believe that any effort to tax them a bit more or control Wall Street will only kill more jobs and harm our economic well-being. And most of all they don’t want us to know the six economics facts of life that explain how the super-rich are running away with our nation’s wealth.
1. The super-rich are stealing our fair share of productivity.
2. Americans really want a wealth distribution more like Sweden’s.
3. Everything we hear about government debt is wrong.
4. We are under-taxed, not over-taxed.
5. Government jobs are just as good as private sector jobs.
6. Wall Street needs to be shrunk (until we can drown it in a bathtub).
Is Knowledge Power?
It’s not enough for the greedy rich to buy politicians. They also need to buy our minds. That’s why they pay for all this misleading economic education. But if we master the basic economic facts of life, we won’t get conned. And we will have a much better chance at building a more just and healthy economy.