Earlier today, Mitt Romney rolled out a few additional details about his oil above all energy plan. Here’s what you need to know about Romney’s of, by, and for Big Oil energy plan.
1. The Romney-Ryan plan gives the big five oil companies a $2.3 billion tax cut above and beyond existing tax loopholes
2. Romney plan gives Americans’ lands and waters to dirty energy interests
3. Romney and Ryan would cede clean energy innovation, exports to China, Germany, other nations. They outsource energy jobs to our greatest competitors.
4. Romney plan won’t reduce oil and gasoline prices
5. Romney and Ryan support continuing mercury contamination from power plants
BOTTOM LINE: Romney’s plan means more handouts to polluters at the expense of the rest of us and our clean air, water, and public lands.